Urgent Care Associate Veterinarian in Wyomissing, PA
Wyomissing Animal Hospital
May 16, 2018
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - One to seven years
DVM or equivalent
Wyomissing Animal Hospital (WAH) has been providing for pets in the greater Reading and Wyomissing area for over 20 years. We are currently seeking a full time Associate Veterinarian to offer urgent care hours to our fast growing client and referral base. Urgent care will be a new service and will consist of walk-ins and emergencies during weekend hours to launch the department. Once established, we will institute evenings and nights. We want you to lead the development while managing this department with the strong support of our leadership team to assist you in the on-going process.
About the Hospital
WAH is a progressive, full-spectrum small animal practice We are a team-motivated, client-centric practice with a strong focus on preventative medicine as well as a team approach to cases. Additionally, we are constantly growing our client base through flexibility and availability as well as a continually developing referral services program; which currently includes ultrasonography and advanced surgery. Our hospital offers both in-house and outside laboratory capabilities (Idexx), digital radiology, excellent surgical monitoring capabilities, and Impromed computer software used throughout the hospital. We also offer a competitive salary, benefits, and continuing education allowance.
· DVM or VMD degree from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
· Accomplished surgical skills preferred
· Work with clients to deliver a consistent quality of medical care to our patients
· Communicate effectively with both clients and team members
· Maintain complete and accurate medical records
· Work with the team in a collaborative and positive manner and provide leadership to the technical and client care staff
· Triage and diagnose/treat urgent care patients as the arise in a timely and effective manner while providing excellent patient care
· Help to develop the urgent care services of WAH based on the needs of the hospital and the clients we serve.
· This position will be comprised of evening, night, and weekend shifts
About Wyomissing Animal Hospital
Wyomissing Animal Hospital has provided superior veterinary care for small animals for more than twenty years. Founded by Dr. Boyd Wagner and Dr. John Hampson, the AHAA accredited hospital now has eight doctors and over 50 staff members who are dedicated to providing professional and loving care to all of our patients.
At Wyomissing Animal Hospital, we understand that your pets are your family. We provide both wellness care and medical treatment for your animals. Communication with our clients is a top priority as we focus on giving our patients the very best veterinary care. We provide our clients with accurate information about each pet's medical condition, and offer many options for treatment.
Our team of expert veterinarians and medical professionals will give your pet the best medical care to keep them happy and healthy. Our mission is to provide the highest quality care to maintain and improve the quality of life of those animals that so richly improve ours; to control the