Part Time or Full Time - Any experience level considered
DVM or equivalent
Seymour Veterinary Hospital is a fast-paced veterinary practice that provides quality, compassionate, and affordable care to our clients and their pets. We are looking to add a full-time associate veterinarian with like-minded values to our team. Whether you are an experienced veterinarian or a new graduate, we provide the mentorship, development and support you need to grow in your veterinary career.
We are an 80/20 mixed animal practice with a diverse patient case load. In-hospital diagnostics include: digital radiography, portable ultrasound and Idexx analyzers. Our skilled and caring support staff, which includes highly trained CVTs, are dedicated to providing the highest possible level of care to our community.
Seymour Veterinary Hospital is located about fifteen minutes from nearby Green Bay home of the historic and storied Green Bay Packers. The area boasts an abundance of nature trails, diverse dining opportunities, theatrical and multimedia arts, a number of universities, and tons of community engagement initiatives! With affordable high-quality housing boasting fine neighborhoods from historic to modern downtown apartment and condo living to quiet countryside living our area offers it all!
Our vision is to be a veterinary hospital where employees feel valued and are happy to come to work, are able to embrace accountability, understand the value of quality, handle conflicts with a positive attitude, appreciate and believe in themselves as well as others, and are eager to learn new things. Candidates should be positive, flexible, team players with strong work ethic and willingness to work in a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Review vaccination records, prepare vaccines if needed, and administer vaccines according to the vaccine protocol of Seymour Veterinary Hospital, LLC
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration as well as provide appropriate physical exams on patients
- Advise animal owners about general care, medical conditions, and treatments as well as associated costs by providing a treatment plan/estimate
- Conduct tests, perform biopsies plus analyze body tissues, fluids, and other specimens to diagnose the presence or stage of disease in animals as well as probable source of contamination or infection
- Administer treatments and injections following the treatment plan
- Maintain and use medical equipment such as autoclaves, surgical instruments, X-ray, blood system analyzers, etc.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, serology, etc.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis
- Induce anesthesia and intubate patient
- Monitor patients under anesthesia
- Perform surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique and standard veterinary medical protocols
- Maintain medical exam and pharmacy records, controlled drug logs, anesthesia logs, and provide accurate surgery reports
- Take, develop, evaluate/interpret radiographs and communicate observations to clients
- Provide compassionate end-of-life discussions with clients and humane euthanasia of patients when medically and/or ethically necessary
- Initiate emergency procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or as necessary
Additional Salary Information: We support our veterinarians with competitive salary and benefits including: 401(k) matching, CE allowance, vacation, state and national dues, employee bonuses and a family friendly atmosphere.
About Seymour Veterinary Hospital, LLC
Seymour Veterinary Hospital, LLC is a mixed animal practice in Seymour, WI serving companion animal pets as well as many types of livestock and horses.
The mission of Seymour Veterinary Hospital, LLC is to provide quality, compassionate, affordable veterinary care for pet and livestock owners.
Seymour Veterinary Hospital, LLC is committed to enhancing our patients’ quality of life while enriching the lives of our clients, staff, and community through the use of individual gifts and talents combined with current veterinary knowledge and modern technology. We place the physical and emotional comfort of our clients and patients above all else.To accomplish our mission we will provide:A highly trained and professional staff, State-of-the-art equipment, and technology. Customized patient care to meet individual patient and client needs. Disease surveillance and a resource for education of the community.
As a result of these provisions, we hope that:
Our clients will feel valued in the personalized care of their pets.
Our clients will continue to be a part of our practice family.
Our clients will enjoy the long-lasting health of their... pets.
Our clients will feel a desire to refer their friends and family.
Our vision is to be a veterinary hospital where employees feel valued and are happy to come to work, are able to embrace accountability, understand the value of quality, handle conflicts with positive attitudes, appreciate and believe in themselves as well as others, and are eager to learn new things. We welcome change, understand the importance of integrity, and maintain a positive practice environment by being truthful, respectful, trustworthy, and acting with compassion. Seymour Veterinary Hospital, LLC strives to be a valued and memorable healthcare resource for pet owners in which the success is measured by client feedback and continual referrals.